2018-19 SLA Internship in Egypt
SLA will be hosting its second overseas internship for all high school girls (non SLA students are welcome!) in Egypt from July 2nd to July 22nd (3 weeks). Activities include:
- Academic Courses at Al Azhar (Arabic, Calligraphy, etc.)
- Internship (Hospitals, Youth Work, Government Facilities, etc.)
- Volunteer Works (Orphanages, Schools, Hospitals, etc.)
- Sightseeing (Red Sea, Cairo, Alexandria, etc.)
From last years’ experience in Bosnia, we know students who attend come back with a strong resume, academic focus, better college qualification, a network, and a broader perspective of culture.
SLA will organize room, board and transportation. If you plan to participate, please let us know by no later than Sunday, June 10th so that we can finalize the airfare tickets. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our trip coordinator Ms. Mahbuba via phone: 973 807 6174 or email email@example.com
- Tourist Destinations
- Airfare / JFK to Cairo – Direct
- Housing & food
Hello & Salam All:
First off, Ramadan Mubarak to those celebrating! I am excited to have you as potential students on this trip. Many of you are coming to the info session on June 9th to meet with the Egyptian Consul General and to get more information on this trip. Please arrive no later than 7:00PM. Please note that we are starting our iftar program at 8:00PM, so if you do have any questions after the info session, you may see me regarding them. Please refrain from asking questions to the Consul General as our time is limited, and he does not know the logistics of the trip, rather is simply presenting a general itinerary. I can provide you with specifics.
• Open to ALL high school and college/post college students (Ages 15-24)
• $2,500 (ticket, food, housing (apartment in Cairo) & transportation)
• July 2nd – 22nd (this date cannot be extended)
• All students must meet at SLA or JFK day of flight (time TBA)
• Students must stay with the program coordinator the entirety of the program from start to finish
On this day, you should bring the following with if you:
-Printed and Filled Contract
-Your Up-to-date Passport (I will scan and make copies of this).
-Payment (Cash Only: You can choose to pay the next day too)
I am asking you all to bring the above mentioned with you so that I may assist you with the process of applying for a visa the day of, or on June 10th if you would like to meet with me then. Our deadline to book tickets is June 11th, so we will need the above mentioned by June 10th.
What you should do in the meantime:
• If you are a minor, please discuss this with a parent or legal guardian.
• Send me your resume, brief description about you and a picture (could be your passport photo).
• Send me the how many people will come on June 9th, including you. You may bring one guest with you as space is limited.
• Make sure your passport is up-to-date.
If you cannot make it to the info session, you may schedule an appointment with me on June 7th to have a phone interview. I just want to get to know you. However, the requirements and deadlines still apply to you.
I have attached a tentative itinerary, and will attach the contract shortly.
Please do not apply for a visa, unless you are SURE that you are going. If you would like to wait until the info session, I would recommend that. Please make sure your passports have at least 6 months on them before they expire.
Please follow this thread closely as we are fast approaching the deadline. I will post important information periodically.
Visa Information & Requirements:
Please note that all US Citizens require a visa to enter Egypt.
You will need:
- Fully completed and signed visa application form with one photo stapled to the form and ONE copy of the completed application form with photo
- TWO 2″ x 2″, recent high definition personal passport photos with a white background (photo must be no more than 6 months old)
- Actual passport plus TWO copies of the information page (with a validity of at least 6 months) with at least one empty Visa page
- The Fee for US Citizens is $25 for a single tourist visa.
Link for Visa Form:
Link for Visa Form: